Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Dominoes

Monday's mail finally brought the nursing school transcript I've been waiting for! That was the last hold out for the State Board of Nursing in TN -
I do believe. Now they have all that they need (and probably more) to verify that I am, indeed, an RN who has been practicing as such for over thirty years. Once they deem me worthy - ummm - qualified, I should be on my way to TN!

I need to have their "temporary permit" in hand before I can negotiate for a job...

I need a job before I can negotiate a start date...

I need a start date before I can negotiate a resignation date from my current job...

I need a resignation date before I can negotiate a moving date....

One thing depends on the next but at last I feel as though the dominoes have been put in motion and it is just a matter of time before they all come tumbling down!

Seems like it is time to start turning my attention to things like packing up non-essentials, down-sizing, etc.

I'm already excited about the prospects of the new life that awaits me in the land of 4 seasons! Imagine how much more excited I am going to be once all of those negotiations have taken place and the dominoes have all toppled!

Check back often for the status of this all-important domino game that is my life and my future!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done Lee. Dominos in place, all ready to fall; in fact, things are already falling into place as you get ready for your move. You are on your way to a new life filled with four seasons and with the joy of Caleb.

Lending a virtual hand with your sorting and packing as I have lots of experience having moved three times since 2002.

When you get right down to it, all you need to take with you, outside of some essentials, are those things that give you the most joy. For me those are family photos, and books: books, and more books, the hardest things for me to winnow down in all of my moves have been my books.

Sending you joy and best wishes as you get ready to undertake this most special of journeys.

Packing blessings, Marti

cherirae said...

Amazing how when we take the first step the other steps fall into place. I love the photo of the girl with the dominoes. I am constantly amazed at the strength of my sisters. You, and others like you, give me courage to move forward. You go girl......