Sunday, March 25, 2007

Harbingers of Springtime in TN


It's beginning to really look and feel like springtime here in northeastern Tennessee. And what a delight it is to watch spring breeze into this area! Just as I watched the subtle changes from week to week as autumn graced the mountains, I am able to watch equally subtle changes that are the harbingers of springtime. And, just as in autumn, it seems as though suddenly, out of the clear blue, the changes take on a more impressive presence - they shout "Look at me!" No longer subtle, they demand my attention. They are undeniably beautiful, incredible works of art compliments of Mother Nature.



Two weeks ago I sat in my livingroom and watched snow flurries. Last Sunday I saw signs of spring but still much of the landscape was bare, brown, and lifeless in its appearance. This Sunday is quite different! All week long it has been gloriously warm and breezy. Temperatures are delightful. Humidity is absent. (What a delight after perpetual summer and the accompanying humidity of southwest Florida for so many years.)


As I left work each evening this past week I couldn't help but notice the fact that it no longer felt like winter.

And, as I headed out the door the next morning to go to work, I was greeted by the birds who have returned and are only too happy to offer up a morning song for all to hear.
No longer brown and bare, the landscape here in Kingsport is a potpourri of pastel colors. Spring is definitely alive and well in this part of the world!




No comments: