Sunday, June 24, 2007

Can it possibly be two months since last I posted?

Two months since the last post? !!! How can that be? I mean, seriously, I just took a "little break" and I was coming right back! Well...um... it appears as though a little break turned into a huge break -- and that is neither good for the writer nor the reader!

It is amazing to me that the momentum of posting can come to a screeching halt and all of a sudden I am weeks behind myself wondering how on earth I will ever catch up. I guess that the reality is that once I get so out of the routine, there is no catching up but there is always moving forward. And moving forward is exactly what I am planning to do here.

A lot has happened in the two months between my dandelion post and this one...
Perhaps the most important event was securing a 13 week contract in Johnson City TN at Johnson City Medical Center...which entailed a new job and a move to a new apartment in a matter of three days mid-May.

This new job has none of the trappings of the old job and all of the pleasure of what I have come to call a "dream assignment" - really! There is no such thing as mandatory overtime. The unit is well run and well staffed. The patient:nurse ratio is quite acceptable. There is not one thing I find difficult or discouraging about this assignment. And to think I could have been here several months ago instead of putting in my time in a place where the norm was four or five twelve hour shifts.

I actually have a life of my own outside of work now! And, the real plus is that I still have a reasonably close proximity to Caleb. My present location is only about 20 minutes east of the previous one so it is basically the same distance for me to go get or see Caleb.

And, of course, having Caleb time is a top priority - always!

Another "event" was that hubby dearest, Tim, was here for a week in May and has scheduled a flight for right after the July 4th holiday to come spend another week. After not being here from January to May it is nice to think that I'll actually get to see him in a relatively short space of time.

Altered art work, writing (of various sorts), Story Circle Network duties and delights, reading and my two sweet kitties continue to occupy my free time. And, with this present job there really and truly is free time. I remember for so many years saying "In my free time that I have none of" but now there IS that wonderful luxury and I am basking in it, believe you me! The one thing I neglected to put on the list of things to enjoy in that free time was this: to enjoy adding new posts to my blog! Neglected to do until today that is...

So, after what seems like a brief respite but in actuality has been far too long a break in blogging, I am back...
And as you will see in the next couple of posts, I am busy using my time off to explore and enjoy my new location.

No comments: