Sunday, October 01, 2006

Alive & Well in Tennessee!

Bet you thought I got lost once I left my thirty year home of Naples, Florida! Actually I was lost - but it was a different sort of lost... I was lost to the world of cyber space. Not lost IN space - more like lost WITHOUT it!

The trip to Tennessee was relatively uneventful. Even travel with two kitties proved to be a breeze (after one of them meowed herself into a state of being hoarse).

Securing internet access was not such a breeze! Over the course of two weeks I had three service calls and two modems and still no consistent access. The wonderful world of technology is ONLY wonderful IF and WHEN it works well! At last, one very nice young man from the cable company decided that perhaps the problem was not in my apartment or my modem, but rather out on the pole and the external lines. Sure enough! An adapter that had signs of burn on it... The nasty culprit has been replaced and now I am reconnected with my cyber world!

So, stay tuned for some posts to catch everyone up on the goings on here in Tennessee as I ease into my new life. I have lots to share!

No comments: