Wednesday, October 04, 2006

You are my sunshine...

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away"

This handsome little guy is my sunshine! Caleb and I spent the day together this past Sunday. Caleb has always loved Autumn -- wonder who he gets that from? As we strolled down the street in Pigeon Forge he asked if we could get a scarecrow to put in his front yard. Some years it's been the pumpkins; other years it was the black cats. This year it's a scarecrow. No matter what catches his fancy in any particular fall season, he always has "Fall Fever" just like his "Nan."

We never did find an appropriate scarecrow to buy but we did find this adorable one to use in our Kodak Moment. He (the scarecrow, not Caleb) was a very willing participant in the photo shoot. Caleb was thrilled to be able to have his picture taken with the smiling fella in blue.

My project this week is to get/make a scarecrow for him. I am happy to try to honor his request. Anything that makes him smile is worth any and all effort. You see, his smiles are like sunshine to me. They radiate their way right into my soul.

Sitting on a haystack - next to a scarecrow - and in the midst of sunflowers, Caleb is sunshine personified. And now that I am living in Tennessee I am once again close to my sunshine which means there are an untold number of sunshine days ahead!

No comments: